LinkedIn is the ‘professional or business savvy’ of the major social networking sites, used by over 350 million business professionals worldwide. Since it is largely focused on B2B connections, LinkedIn should be a big part of your social media marketing strategy.
Transform Your LinkedIn Profile Into a Marketing Tool
- Use Bold Headlines: Your LinkedIn profile should include a bold headline. Instead of telling prospects your position title, give them more.
- Tell Stories: Write your Experience section in a way that’s interesting and shows prospects how you’ve helped other businesses tackle the same issues they’re facing.
- Include Rich Media: Rich media is a way to quickly convey your expertise and relevance to prospects. With LinkedIn’s Professional Gallery feature, you can add video, SlideShare presentations and other interactive tools to underscore your value.
Take Advantage Of LinkedIn Community Features
In addition to your profile, LinkedIn provides a number of community features that allow you to communicate and collaborate with other LinkedIn users, including:
- Groups: LinkedIn Groups help you stay informed and keep in touch with people that share your interests. You can create your own group or join any number of groups that focus on your area of interest or expertise. Participating in LinkedIn Groups by adding value to the discussion is a great way to expand your circle of influence.
- Company Pages: Company Pages are a powerful research tool that you can use to find companies to do business with or research competitors. In addition, you can create a Page for your company to showcase your expertise. You can publish your company’s description, headquarters address and Website address. To further your company page’s value, you can post targeted jobs, recruitment videos, information about products and services and company images. As well as sharing relevant information to do with your company and/or your industry.
- Brand Your LinkedIn Address: When you create a LinkedIn profile, it will create a LinkedIn Web address that will appear like a collection of odd letters and addresses. LinkedIn will let you customise this address to create a branded LinkedIn address with your name.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert: By answering LinkedIn questions and actively participating in LinkedIn group discussions, you have an opportunity to establish yourself as an expert and thought leader.
- ‘Warm Call’ with Sales Prospects: If you’re in sales, you can use LinkedIn as a ‘warm calling’ tool. If there is a prospect you want to reach, you can easily find them on LinkedIn and see how you are connected to them. If you have an active list of LinkedIn connections, you are most likely only two or three connections away from the prospect.
- Find Rock Star Employees: Successful business people are always looking to find valuable employees that will ensure their future success. LinkedIn provides you with an easy place to find them. You’ll have access to a pool of talented individuals within your LinkedIn groups. You can also post a job directly on LinkedIn to attract a talented set of candidates.
- Keep Your Connections Current: Whenever you meet someone, connect with him or her on LinkedIn. It’s a great way to expand your influence and keep connections up to speed on your accomplishments.
How are you using LinkedIn?
Do you need advice on how to make it work for you?