1. Beauty is an attribute pursued and coveted by almost all in this world. Well beauty is a requisite for posting on Social Media sites. Individuals desiring attestation and endorsement for their vanity often post their snaps online through the portals of Facebook, Twitter and so forth. Perhaps that is why about 82% women believe that social media is a great influencer upon the standards of beauty.
2. Teenagers are perhaps the most vacillating of all age groups. Their moods, thoughts, opinions and views shift on a spontaneous and frequent basis. So, it may come as a surprise for some that in terms of network usage, the most utilized and consistently preferred of sites by teenagers are social media sites.
3. 74% couples on the internet have responded most favorably about social media sites regarding the integrity and cementing of their relationships. They believe that social media has strengthened their relationships to notably greater levels.
4. Men may be the dominant gender in society, but the same is not true for the social media scene. According to surveys, about 71% of women are participating on the social media scene in contrast to a significant alleviated figure of 62% men.
5. Where couples say that social media affected their relationships positively, the said claim is contrasted starkly by the fact that 51% of users claim social media impacted their lives in a negative manner.
6. Remember when we said that Social Media is like unto an addiction? We didn’t…? Well we are saying it now. A whopping 45% people claim that they feel “worried and uncomfortable” when unable to access their Facebook, Twitter or other such social media accounts. This lends considerable credence to the aforementioned detail about social media being addictive.
7. Social Media is also home to the largest and constantly growing demographic in the world.
8. Facebook is perhaps the most prominent and widely used of social media sites at present. The fact that about 23% users check their Facebook accounts at least 5 times a day is testament to its fecundity in terms of usage.