It is the beginning of a New Year and it’s time to review your plans and strategies implemented in the year just gone and update them accordingly. Have the strategies and tactics delivered what you needed them to? In other words, have you meet your business goals?
Items that should be reviewed are:
1. Marketing Budget: In Australia, we are half way through the financial year. As you are reviewing your half yearly results, have a look at what you have invested in marketing versus your return. Remember when looking at your Return On Investment (ROI) that it is based on what you set as objectives at the beginning of the year. Sales should always be included, but marketing is often a long-term investment, so before you deem an activity to be successful or not, think of what the objective for the activity was when you started.
2. Effective website for your business: Do you know your traffic to your website? Do you know where your business is coming from? An effective website helps with the growth of your business exponentially. The interface should be very friendly, having attractive information of products, contact information and good searching facilities. Also updating your website frequently is very important so that customers always find new content when they visit your website and therefore is is always current information being shared with clients and prospective clients.
3. Social Media Marketing: Social media sites can play a very important role in marketing your business and collaborating with other businesses. Unlike traditional marketing, you can connect with a lot of potential customers cost effectively and on a very large scale with limited investments. It also results in trustworthy promotion because of the content sharing property provided by these sites. Smart businesses take advantage of social media and positive word of mouth to create very cost effective and trustworthy marketing campaigns; are you using LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.?
4. Email Marketing: Email marketing is another trustworthy and versatile form of marketing. Email marketing provides an effective way to connect you with people and promoting your business. You can send updated information to your customers about services. Also the feedback sent by subscribers will help the business in improving conversion strategies as well as targeting new clients.
4. Mobile optimised website: As Smartphones are used on a large scale to make online shopping, it is necessary to make your website mobile optimised. It will help customers to open your website on any mobile device and buy your products.
5. Be found on Google: It is very important to optimise your presence on Google. Google is the number 1 place for consumers and businesses alike to find products and services. Ensure that your web page is optimised for your core and most profitable offering, maximise your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and start your Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns, using YouTube videos will increase your views and therefore your subscribers and having a Google+ page will also help your ranking.